Thursday, November 20, 2014
St. Nicholas Visits
St. James Episcopal Church
474 Fruit Hill Avenue
North Providence, RI
Come one, come all to celebrate his day.
All little (and big) boys and girls
December 7th at 9:30 AM
(He might just have some chocolate coins and candy canes.)
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Week I: Saying “yes” to God with Mary. Reading Luke 1:1-29
· How do I “hear” God’s plan?
· How much will it cost to follow it?
Week II: Getting Up and moving on—Reading Luke 1:39-56
· Who needs me to comfort, help, share?
· How can I carry Joy to the world?
· Where do I connect to Christ’s presence?
Week III: Traveling to Bethlehem—Reading Luke 2;1-5
· What do I take on the journey? What do I leave?
· When might the journey test me?
· How can my waiting and impatience become holy?
Week IV: Valuing Silent Wonder—Read Luke 2:6-20
· How can I make and use quiet time?
· Where is Christ in my Christmas?
· Who is invited to share the stable?
Each session incorporates Scripture, discussion and prayer.
Monday, September 22, 2014
Friendly and well-behaved animals are invited. For those animals who become nervous, aggressive or who simply cannot make it, they can be represented by photos. Pets must be under control, properly restrained and wear identification. We ask that attendees bring a pet food donation to benefit local animal shelters.
The service honors Francis of Assisi, the 12th century Italian saint reputed to have saved his village from a ravaging wolf by speaking with it and learning of its hunger. The Blessing of the Animals Service continues that tradition as we remember all creatures great and small and their blessings to us.
St. James Episcopal Church serves as home to the “Pet Bed Ministry” which produces and provides pet beds for area shelter animals. To date, this new ministry has provided over 125 pet beds to animals waiting for homes.
For more information contact Joannie Collins at 401-353-2079.